Appoint a PSC to clear my name: Rishad


In the wake of political allegations against him in the aftermath of April 21 bombings, ACMC leader and Minister of Industry and Commerce , Resettlement of Protracted Displaced Persons, Cooperative Development, Skills Development & Vocational Training, Rishad Bathiudeen, has called for a Parliamentary Select Committee (PSC) to clear his name. 

"The people who make allegations against me knowingly or unknowingly safeguard the real terrorists," Minister Bathiudeen said addressing the Parliament on last Friday.

In his address he said, “Various people made allegations against me saying I ran away from Sri Lanka when I was recently for official work.

Some people and media made these allegations. They made the allegations without checking the facts about this tour. With some other Ministers in Oman, we discussed about multi-billion rupee project for Sri Lanka  with Omani government officials. After I returned from Oman, they have stopped the allegations. “

"They also aimed other allegations against me and these allegations were so dangerous and insulting I had question back from certain media institutions as to why they are identifying myself with terrorists” said Minister Bathiudeen and added: "These allegations too were similar to the allegations that I ran away from Sri Lanka."

“These allegations had no basis, nor were they supported by facts. S.B. Dissanayake holding a press conference lied in this regard. I have taken legal action against him. Since I did not accept his invitation to join their government during the 52 day coup and he is taking revenge by playing cheap politics," The Minister said.

"However I want to stress that I have given my assets and liabilities statements since the day I entered politics. Anyone can inspect these statements. I am also ready face any investigation. Today, I call Hon. Speaker to appoint a Parliamentary Select Committee (PSC) to probe on allegations made against me. Then we can find out who is lying and who is not. The people who make allegations against me knowingly or unknowingly safeguard the real terrorists and fundamentalists. Their actions result in myself highlighted while the attention on the real terrorists shifts," Bathiudeen said.

Post a Comment

0 Comments